Saturday, May 5, 2018

Happy Cinco de Mayo: My SUPER SIMPLE recipe for cilantro salsa


Happy Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Here's my SUPER SIMPLE recipe for "very fresh"* cilantro salsa:

  1. Place the fresh green tops of some cilantro in a blender/food processor, pack it in (some bits of stem okay)
  2. Splash some vinegar on it, about 1/3 full, and pulverize.
RESULT:  a nice green, "very fresh"* sauce/salsa

This sauce (a/ka 'salsa') can be thinned with more vinegar (&/or water) to make a vinegar/dressing; add oil if you want (I usually don't, because I let everyone control how heavy or light they want their dressing at the table, by passing the oil separately).

Well, now...it's time to go soak some coriander (cilantro in it's seed form) seeds to plant out.



*"very fresh" according to friends when I inevitably make this for a party in AZ; I rarely have any left, and that was in Arizona, where people LOVE their salsas!